Tuesday 11 October 2011

The Ups & Downs...

The Ups..Have today registered my interest and have been told I have a guaranteed place on the GNR running for Epilepsy Research UK http://www.epilepsyresearch.org.uk/support_us/Bupa_GNR.htm ,very pleased although a small amount of panic has set in, I have now committed myself to doing this.
I have also managed to secure one of my work charity days to help raise the sponsorship money I need ,it fits in perfectly as the Charity day will be August 27th  and I will be running September 16th.

The Downs..I have been aware for about 6 months that I will need to go in for an operation to remove my gallbladder,the last 6 months have flown by and now I have a date and the op in imminent. I assumed (wrongly) that maybe a week or so and I would be running again, however 6 weeks is more likely to be the case. A bit dis- heartened but still determined, this is only a small set back and I have plenty of contingency in place I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment