Monday 17 October 2011

Week 4 Day 1 Done

17/10/2011 WeeK 4 Day 1 DONE,I really didn't think I would be able to run for 16 minutes total, but I did it and it felt fantastic. I can't pretend it was easy cos there were point's that I wanted to give up running and have a walk, but I felt that now I have started I may as well continue to the end, and it did hurt, but to repeat what I mentioned earlier 'the feeling of achieving it does far outweigh the pain during it, SO TRUE.

I am now feeling great, have acheived an amazing milestone and am now buzzing for the next run. I only have 4 more runs until I go to hospital but with what I have achieved so far I am confident that I will be able to complete my challenge,may just have to train extra hard next year.
Running 20k is a daunting prospect for me and I seem a long way from it at the moment,my op next week  seems a huge hurdle to cross (others being my weight,general fitness and cakes) but I will be glad when it's done and I can get back to training seriously and get this running thing nailed.

I found this on a great blog I follow (http://www.fatgirlrunning.co.uk)  I think it is very relevent to my current mindset and the fact that I want to see mysef as a runner..

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run." - John Bingham
.....
‎Even though I see myself as a runner,I do feel that on the C25K rest days I need to be doing something so...
15/‎10/‎2011  Cycling 6.3 miles in 46m:14s
Average Speed: 8.0mph

No comments:

Post a Comment